IM journals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bostonredsox

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got some CME money to play with, what journals did you all subscribe to? JAMA, NEJM, Annals of IM? I want to get one solid medicine journal to read regularly in addition to SCCM. JAMA runs around $95 a year, NEJM $65 not sure about annals. SCCM is the pricy one at almost $300 a year but thats a must for me. Thoughts on a good IM journal to pick up?
 
Got some CME money to play with, what journals did you all subscribe to? JAMA, NEJM, Annals of IM? I want to get one solid medicine journal to read regularly in addition to SCCM. JAMA runs around $95 a year, NEJM $65 not sure about annals. SCCM is the pricy one at almost $300 a year but thats a must for me. Thoughts on a good IM journal to pick up?

If you give me $95 I'll send you all the JAMAs I get! Seriously, does anybody actually have to pay for that piece of crap? I've been getting it for free for nearly 15 years after donating some money to the AMA when I was an MS1 (like $20 or something). Don't waste you money on that.

Definitely get NEJM. Annals is a good way to go. If you're interested in research, JCI is nice but also pricey.

But quite honestly, I just use the online subscriptions my hospital has.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Journal Watch is useful to stay on top of what's out there

Very good one. Another one I like (and I have no connection with them) is MDLinx. I don't know what it's like in other specialties, but I get an email from them every day with links to articles in a particular area of oncology (pancreatic one day, breast the next, prostate the day after that, etc).
 
lol thank you gut you made by horrible day today a little better.
And I've decided to go with NEJM and CHEST. Anything else i'll just peruse my hospitals online database

How did you get one for CHEST? Don't you have to be a fellow or pulmonary specialist already? Otherwise it costs like 300 dollars. Ridiculous.
 
If you give me $95 I'll send you all the JAMAs I get! Seriously, does anybody actually have to pay for that piece of crap? I've been getting it for free for nearly 15 years after donating some money to the AMA when I was an MS1 (like $20 or something). Don't waste you money on that.

Definitely get NEJM. Annals is a good way to go. If you're interested in research, JCI is nice but also pricey.

But quite honestly, I just use the online subscriptions my hospital has.
What about JCI vs. JEM?