ad_sharp

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
766
0
39
You never know
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Women crave attention. Promise her that when you're finished, you'll rent that chick flick she's been wanting to see and you'll watch it together while cuddling on the couch. Promises are all we poor male premeds have got.
 

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2003
3,072
46
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by ad_sharp
Women crave attention. Promise her that when you're finished, you'll rent that chick flick she's been wanting to see and you'll watch it together while cuddling on the couch. Promises are all we poor male premeds have got.

Ad sharp is exactly right. My gf always starts acting weird when I have something big to study for. She admitted to me that she just wants more attention. In her words, "I'm jealous of the MCAT". LOL... but we have worked things out, so it's all good.
 
About the Ads

jaco

15+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2004
5
0
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
"psycho"?
well, as long as she doesn't come after you with a pearing knife/sledgehammer/chainsaw, i don't think you should worry :D

as stated above - it's probably lack of attention, stress, or if all else fails, hormones (at least that's what I blame mood swings on...) :)
 

SailCrazy

I gotta have more cowbell
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2004
1,922
10
Procrastination Island
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by premyo2002
Does any1 know why my girlfriend becomes a psycho whenever I have something important to study for.(ie. finals, MCAT)????
Negative: she's overly needy
Positive: at least its a strong warning signal (for you to heed or ignore)

PC disclaimer: also applies to boyfriends, same sex couples, imaginary friends of either sex, friends with benefits, "just friends", as well as close friends, ("really, just friends") and pets.
 

DrSal

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2003
260
1
Status (Visible)
deep, i'm right there with you. I've posted mutlilingual signs on my bedroom door telling the family to stay away, keep quarrels to a minimum, smile, and be supportive. I really feel like i wanna be in a zone this last week...i just wanna go into some shell and only come out on test day.
 

Nate

Missing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2003
1,619
6
NJ > Ohio
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Whew, I thought I was the only one dumped three weeks before the MCAT. Good riddance I say.
 
About the Ads

wordup

ayatollah of rock'n rolla
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
63
0
39
The middle of the ride
Status (Visible)
Hey premyo here is some advice:

step 1 slit her throat
step 2 play in her blood
step 3 cover her in dirty sheets and run laughing out of the house
step 4 stop off at Berkeley Marina and rinse your crimson hands

if this doesnt work you could coax her into taking your radio to bathe with her,
plugged in and ready to fall
best of luck
 

premyo2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2003
679
1
\\
Status (Visible)
lol... For everyone who either doesn't know what my avatar is, or has heard of alkaline trio wordup is quoting one of their songs, then making a refrence to an other one.
 

stoic

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2000
7,635
356
sodom, south georgia
Wow -

I am SOOOO happy to see this thread. My girlfriend has been going crazy since I started studying for the MCAT. The worst was when she ask me if the MCAT was more important than her. I had to plead the 5th.... It's such crap that significant others can't just accept that this is a super freakin' important test and deal with less attention until it's over. Anyway, she got so upset that it almost ended the relationship. Whew....... stupid MCAT.
 

nikibean

Tip your guide.
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2004
483
2
Cali. But not the cool part.
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
Generally: I know that you're mostly joking, but the violence against women thing really bugs me "slit her throat etc." Also bashing on women wanting attention isn't cool either. I'm just calling attention to it, not saying that your feelings are invalid. Just felt like that was a little too much for me - I've worked with women who have literally had that kind of thing happen, both been completely ignored and been horribly abused.
There are a lot of female pre meds who work their butts off and don't bash the men in their lives, and if they did, I wouldn't condone it either.

Have you tried talking to her? Has it occurred to you that maybe she's bummed because she enjoys spending time with you and you're life's been consumed by this thing? I know mine has been.

My bf and I have been working on the same thing - he's ready for this thing to be over. Keep some perspective, and try talking to her. Peace.
 

premyo2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2003
679
1
\\
Status (Visible)
nikibean said:
Generally: I know that you're mostly joking, but the violence against women thing really bugs me "slit her throat etc." Also bashing on women wanting attention isn't cool either. I'm just calling attention to it, not saying that your feelings are invalid. Just felt like that was a little too much for me - I've worked with women who have literally had that kind of thing happen, both been completely ignored and been horribly abused.
There are a lot of female pre meds who work their butts off and don't bash the men in their lives, and if they did, I wouldn't condone it either.

Have you tried talking to her? Has it occurred to you that maybe she's bummed because she enjoys spending time with you and you're life's been consumed by this thing? I know mine has been.

My bf and I have been working on the same thing - he's ready for this thing to be over. Keep some perspective, and try talking to her. Peace.

Maybe you didn't read my post under wordup's. The song is actually about a girl doing it to the guy singing the song... It's a dark morbid song, word was just making a joke-albeit somewhat inside.
 

wordup

ayatollah of rock'n rolla
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
63
0
39
The middle of the ride
Status (Visible)
Look I apologize for anything that I may have said here. I have received more dirty pm's about this than i care to think about including but not limited to "you are a psycho bastard and deserve to rot to hell." If not for that one i wouldn't be posting this clarification (which sucks all the humor out of my joke). i saw premyo's avatar so i assumed that he likes the band alkaline trio. you would have to listen to alkaline trio to get them. i recomment good mourning then from here to infirmary, but i digress, they are a darker somewhat sinister band. the whole step 1 thing is from the song this could be love on good mourning. i then go on to say something about a radio this is from the song radio on the album maybe i'll catch fire. knowing that premyo is a fan i thought that it would be funny. i am SORRY. i am in no way telling anyone to go kill anyone else. i just have a somewhat esoteric sense of humor. once again i apologize and i abhor violence.
 

premyo2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2003
679
1
\\
Status (Visible)
wordup said:
Look I apologize for anything that I may have said here. I have received more dirty pm's about this than i care to think about including but not limited to "you are a psycho bastard and deserve to rot to hell." If not for that one i wouldn't be posting this clarification (which sucks all the humor out of my joke). i saw premyo's avatar so i assumed that he likes the band alkaline trio. you would have to listen to alkaline trio to get them. i recomment good mourning then from here to infirmary, but i digress, they are a darker somewhat sinister band. the whole step 1 thing is from the song this could be love on good mourning. i then go on to say something about a radio this is from the song radio on the album maybe i'll catch fire. knowing that premyo is a fan i thought that it would be funny. i am SORRY. i am in no way telling anyone to go kill anyone else. i just have a somewhat esoteric sense of humor. once again i apologize and i abhor violence.


I enjoyed every bit of it :horns: :horns:
 

nikibean

Tip your guide.
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2004
483
2
Cali. But not the cool part.
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
On the "band" wagon. . .

But seriously, as I'm contemplating life after this hoop-jumping escapade,
since you mention alkaline trio,
I have two suggestions if you havent listened already:

1) the Magnetic Fields. They are awesome. I love stephen merritt

2) Mojave 3.

peace
 

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
4,173
9
44
LA2DC and back again...
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
My Kaplan teachers told me to tell everyone in my life that no drama was allowed for a month prior to taking the MCAT. Worked out pretty well....but on April 18 did the **** ever hit the fan! j/k
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.