VincentAdultman

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2005
New York
Status
Attending Physician
I figure I'm angering the UW mafia with my post, but I'll go ahead anyway.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I got a six month Qreview subscription to study for Int Medicine/Step 2 (I'm independently wealthy). Included are the Kaplan Qbank and the IM qbank, which is significantly harder. I'm avergaing about 71 and 61% respectvely with about 50% completed in each.

I know Kaplan Qbank is looked down upon roind these parts (f$#@ yall) but I was just wondering if anyone had a basis to compare IM and UW, because I'm finding the IM questions MUCH harder.

By the way...I got a 92 on the medicine shelf, so I highly reccommend this to study with if you have the $$.

Pox in a box

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
Pompacil said:
I figure I'm angering the UW mafia with my post, but I'll go ahead anyway.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I got a six month Qreview subscription to study for Int Medicine/Step 2 (I'm independently wealthy). Included are the Kaplan Qbank and the IM qbank, which is significantly harder. I'm avergaing about 71 and 61% respectvely with about 50% completed in each.

I know Kaplan Qbank is looked down upon roind these parts (f$#@ yall) but I was just wondering if anyone had a basis to compare IM and UW, because I'm finding the IM questions MUCH harder.

By the way...I got a 92 on the medicine shelf, so I highly reccommend this to study with if you have the $$.
Are you referring to the IM questions within the Kaplan Step 2 Qbank or a separate IM Qbank?

omarsaleh66

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
temecula ca
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Qbank aint got nothin on UW. Qbank is for weak ass hoes.

UW fo life 3itch!!!

Holler at this baller

OP
VincentAdultman

VincentAdultman

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2005
New York
Status
Attending Physician
Pox in a box said:
Are you referring to the IM questions within the Kaplan Step 2 Qbank or a separate IM Qbank?
It's another bank of questions put out by Kaplan. Kind of like how there was IV qbank for step one.

Pox in a box

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
Pompacil said:
It's another bank of questions put out by Kaplan. Kind of like how there was IV qbank for step one.
You bought it or "bought it" (wink wink)?

sophiejane

Exhausted
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2003
Waco, TX
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
We were required to complete all 2000 Q's in the IM QBank on my IM rotation (school paid for it, thankfully).

I think UW has more appropriate content (not so nitpicky), and the explanations are so much better. I remember reading some of the QBank explanations like 3 times just trying to figure out what the hell they were talking about.

I have found that UW content corresponds very well to NBME practice exams.

Also, UW explains all of the answer choices, which I don't remember QBank doing consistently.

There's no mafia. If you like QBank, fabulous. If it's really that great, I'm not sure why you need other people to validate it for you...

OP
VincentAdultman

VincentAdultman

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2005
New York
Status
Attending Physician
sophiejane said:
We were required to complete all 2000 Q's in the IM QBank on my IM rotation (school paid for it, thankfully).

I think UW has more appropriate content (not so nitpicky), and the explanations are so much better. I remember reading some of the QBank explanations like 3 times just trying to figure out what the hell they were talking about.

I have found that UW content corresponds very well to NBME practice exams.

Also, UW explains all of the answer choices, which I don't remember QBank doing consistently.

There's no mafia. If you like QBank, fabulous. If it's really that great, I'm not sure why you need other people to validate it for you...

Thanks.

By the way...the mafia comment was tounge in cheek in reference to the way USMLEworld is talked about here. I would have bought UW had I came on this board prior to buying Qbank.

And no, I'm not trying to "validate" anything. I just wanted to hear from other people who used it, what they thought about it. Damn it relax people!

sophiejane

Exhausted
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2003
Waco, TX
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm sure you'll do well either way.

Best of luck.