IM Qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VincentAdultman

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figure I'm angering the UW mafia with my post, but I'll go ahead anyway.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I got a six month Qreview subscription to study for Int Medicine/Step 2 (I'm independently wealthy). Included are the Kaplan Qbank and the IM qbank, which is significantly harder. I'm avergaing about 71 and 61% respectvely with about 50% completed in each.

I know Kaplan Qbank is looked down upon roind these parts (f$#@ yall) but I was just wondering if anyone had a basis to compare IM and UW, because I'm finding the IM questions MUCH harder.

By the way...I got a 92 on the medicine shelf, so I highly reccommend this to study with if you have the $$.

Members don't see this ad.

Pompacil said:
I figure I'm angering the UW mafia with my post, but I'll go ahead anyway.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I got a six month Qreview subscription to study for Int Medicine/Step 2 (I'm independently wealthy). Included are the Kaplan Qbank and the IM qbank, which is significantly harder. I'm avergaing about 71 and 61% respectvely with about 50% completed in each.

I know Kaplan Qbank is looked down upon roind these parts (f$#@ yall) but I was just wondering if anyone had a basis to compare IM and UW, because I'm finding the IM questions MUCH harder.

By the way...I got a 92 on the medicine shelf, so I highly reccommend this to study with if you have the $$.

Are you referring to the IM questions within the Kaplan Step 2 Qbank or a separate IM Qbank?

Qbank aint got nothin on UW. Qbank is for weak ass hoes.

UW fo life 3itch!!!

Holler at this baller

Members don't see this ad :)
We were required to complete all 2000 Q's in the IM QBank on my IM rotation (school paid for it, thankfully).

I think UW has more appropriate content (not so nitpicky), and the explanations are so much better. I remember reading some of the QBank explanations like 3 times just trying to figure out what the hell they were talking about.

I have found that UW content corresponds very well to NBME practice exams.

Also, UW explains all of the answer choices, which I don't remember QBank doing consistently.

There's no mafia. If you like QBank, fabulous. If it's really that great, I'm not sure why you need other people to validate it for you...

sophiejane said:
We were required to complete all 2000 Q's in the IM QBank on my IM rotation (school paid for it, thankfully).

I think UW has more appropriate content (not so nitpicky), and the explanations are so much better. I remember reading some of the QBank explanations like 3 times just trying to figure out what the hell they were talking about.

I have found that UW content corresponds very well to NBME practice exams.

Also, UW explains all of the answer choices, which I don't remember QBank doing consistently.

There's no mafia. If you like QBank, fabulous. If it's really that great, I'm not sure why you need other people to validate it for you...

Thanks.

By the way...the mafia comment was tounge in cheek in reference to the way USMLEworld is talked about here. I would have bought UW had I came on this board prior to buying Qbank.

And no, I'm not trying to "validate" anything. I just wanted to hear from other people who used it, what they thought about it. Damn it relax people!