IM residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stepvictory

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey i worked really hard for step 1 ,but surprisingly i got a lower score than my nbme scores.i got 215 in step 1

i m an IMG ,what are my chances for IM residency .

i m feeling too low now ,pls advice .thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

Depends what you are looking for, year of graduation, USCE, immigration status, publications, Step 2 scores etc etc

Hey i worked really hard for step 1 ,but surprisingly i got a lower score than my nbme scores.i got 215 in step 1

i m an IMG ,what are my chances for IM residency .

i m feeling too low now ,pls advice .thank you so much

hey buddy , just calm down .i know you are feeling low , but just improve your profile with more LORs and USCE ....... and do well on step 2 ....... it is definitely doable ... not just to pacify u , but really possible with the above things ..... so get going hard on step 2..... :thumbup:

Depends what you are looking for, year of graduation, USCE, immigration status, publications, Step 2 scores etc etc

i m looking for mid tier IM residency ,year of graduation is April 2011, USCE (planning to do 1 or 2 months observership under a neurologist in a teaching college in Chicago) ,no publications ,will be taking step 2 CS in july and Ck in august.Thanks

i m looking for mid tier IM residency ,year of graduation is April 2011, USCE (planning to do 1 or 2 months observership under a neurologist in a teaching college in Chicago) ,no publications ,will be taking step 2 CS in july and Ck in august.Thanks

Far too early to say anything then. What's your visa status? And taking CK in august-probably won't be ECFMG certified by September 1st I take it?

When you have done all the above and got your LoRs, come back and post in the Internal Medicine What Are My Chances thread to get an idea of where you stand and what you should be aiming for.