I'm so confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey guys,

I just checked my status for a medical school and it said that "No decision has been reached and your file has been kept for further review". I'm just really confused. What does this mean? Does this mean they didn't want to invite me for an interview?

It's my first time applying so sorry if I sound clueless.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it means that your file has been kept for further review and no decision has been reached

Reactions: 8 users
Could mean that you're on a hold or could mean that they're still in the review process. Who knows.

Members don't see this ad :)
It could mean any number of things, nobody knows exactly other than the admissions committee. We could speculate, you could speculate, but would it really achieve anything?

Try not to worry about things that you have no control over, you'll be a happier person throughout the cycle, trust me. :nod:

It means what it says. Don't read too much into it or worry about it. Just wait until you hear something from them.

No news is good news. Don't expect to hear from every school or have a change in status at some schools until April. Meanwhile, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

Reactions: 1 users
Think of it this way, OP:

You just took a girl on a nice and casual coffee date.
You dressed appropriately - not too nice - and you presented yourself in a manner that lets her get a good glimpse of the positive attributes that you possess.
After the date, you smile. You tell her you had a wonderful time and that you'd like to do this again sometime.
She smiles and gives you warm kiss on the cheek.
You both part ways, back to your respective homes.

Now, she's got another 2,000 casual dates lined up for the next week, after which she will consider if she wants to go on a more formal, intimate dinner outing with you. ;)

Do you:

1) Call and text her obsessively to let her know how interested and lonely you are?

2) Let the neurotic paranoia seep in your mind, make believing that she thought you were ugly and will flake out on you so that by the time she gets back to you in a week you will have convinced yourself that you shouldn't reply to her text out of spite?

3) Go about your life, not making assumptions, and think positively and happily no matter what the outcome may be?

Good luck, OP!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Med schools get anywhere from 5000-14000 apps. Give them time to work their way down the pile to yours.

Read this post by the very sage Gonnif:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/no-interviews-yet.1156541/#post-16824138

Hey guys,

I just checked my status for a medical school and it said that "No decision has been reached and your file has been kept for further review". I'm just really confused. What does this mean? Does this mean they didn't want to invite me for an interview?

It's my first time applying so sorry if I sound clueless.

It's not an outright rejection, so it's good news.