I'm so dumb. DAT school designation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y

yjo2

So I took my DATs November 2009. At the time, I had no idea which schools I wanted to apply to... so I just picked random ones. I remember couple of them but not all. >.<
I don't want to pay extra $25 sending it to the same school.

Is there a way to retrieve this information? about which 5 schools I assigned? I called ADA today and they told me I have to fax them asking for a request- which is ridiculous. lol. I would think there's a website login where I can see my own score and which schools I sent it to.

HELP~!!!! :confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

So I took my DATs November 2009. At the time, I had no idea which schools I wanted to apply to... so I just picked random ones. I remember couple of them but not all. >.<

Is there a way to retrieve this information? about which 5 schools I assigned? I called ADA today and they told me I have to fax them asking for a request- which is ridiculous. lol. I would think there's a website login where I can see my own score and which schools I sent it to.

Unfortunately the steps you have already taken are the only way to figure out who you selected. You're supposed to print the registration out or write the schools down. You are not the only one to run across this problem.
*Do you still have any DAT confirmation emails, they may show the schools you designated

the unofficial printout they gave you after the test has the school list. good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
dang. did not expect this to happen. such a stupid mistake.
I tried to retrace my email- but apparently I deleted it. NOw i gotta look for that unofficial transript. lol. if not, guess i'll be wasting money.... Thanks

Also, what's this dilemma about if we're suppose to request inidividual DAT scores to be sent out to each school vs. AADSAS doing it all for us. Is this issue solved? everyone is so confused on this.....

I just spoke with AADSAS ppl. They told me it's official that ADA and AADSAS are partnering up. So as long as AADSAS has your score- you don't need to send extra DAT transcripts to individual schools.

So if you look at the "2011 Dental School Supplemental Informationn" pdf file, some schools request the official DAT scores with the AADSAS application. We don't have to do this! We just need to submit the AADSAS application and make sure the DAT score is accurate.

I hope what he told me is correct.......

I took the test in August of 2009 but didn't apply during that application cycle. I just called the 5 schools that I had requested my scores be sent to back then and they told me that they need me to send them again cause old material isn't kept. $25 isn't nothing but I think in the whole scheme of things, it's better to just resend them than to risk having your application be incomplete. The reason I say this is because it may be a waste of time to figure out what schools your requested your scores be sent to because you may need to resend them anyway. No reason to waste your time if you don't need to.

Btw, the list of scores is listed on the receipt page that the ADA goes to after you've registered online. Did you print it or save it as a pdf?

I took the test in August of 2009 but didn't apply during that application cycle. I just called the 5 schools that I had requested my scores be sent to back then and they told me that they need me to send them again cause old material isn't kept. $25 isn't nothing but I think in the whole scheme of things, it's better to just resend them than to risk having your application be incomplete. The reason I say this is because it may be a waste of time to figure out what schools your requested your scores be sent to because you may need to resend them anyway. No reason to waste your time if you don't need to.

Btw, the list of scores is listed on the receipt page that the ADA goes to after you've registered online. Did you print it or save it as a pdf?

they DON'T KEEP PREVIOUS DAT SCORES SENT?!?!!?!? So when I wrote my DAT in Nov 2009 and sent 5 scores, they dont have them anymore and I gotta resend??

I should clarify, I only called 2 schools (2 of the 5 I designated). The other 3 are on the east coast (and i'm in CA) and the offices were closed. I'd rather just resend instead of calling/hoping they have them on file and will match them with my application once they receive it. It's up to you if you want to call each school you're applying to and check.

Check your email archive. It's listed in one of the automatic emails they send out after you register and pay for the test.