I'm SO sick of.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bickle

future NYC taxi driver
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm so sick of wait for stupid dental school to start. As you may or may not know, I found out of my acceptance in early sept, and have been waiting rather impatiently since.

I wish I could take some sedative and fall asleep for the next 7 months. And when I wake up, its time for school!! YEA!

Members don't see this ad.

you're crazy, go have a few beer...

Hey Dream, why didnt you travel? I would have been long gone if I were you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh look....stargirl and I posted at the exact same time...a sign perhaps???

Originally posted by StarGirl

exactly, im excited as hell about starting. However, im really enjoying the time that I have before school starts to accomplish things that I probably wont have the time for while im in dental school.

Originally posted by avingupta
Hey Dream, why didnt you travel? I would have been long gone if I were you!

I figured I should save up my ka-blingy for school.

I did, still didnt help.

I am excited about attending dental school, but I am with arns. I am in no hurry to start; I will enjoy the time between now and Aug.

Originally posted by arns51
. However, im really enjoying the time that I have before school starts to accomplish things that I probably wont have the time for while im in dental school.

Accomplish things like what? Maybe I'll follow your lead.

yah I guess saving money is a good idea.....and I do understand that you are becoming very anxious, because at times I am as well...however, I think more like arns51....its a great feeling knowing I will be in dental school in August, so Im trying to use all this time to do those things I wont be able to do for 4 years....for me its travelling and studying....thats why I spent the year taking courses that mean nothing to my degree, but just for self-interest....Im pretty interested in Latin America, so I decided to study Latin America for one year and its been so great....plus, Im trying to get my university to pay for my trip down there this summer, so hopefully I can spend my last free summer backpacking....

Originally posted by Dentaldream
I did, still didnt help.
In that case, maybe go have a few whiskeys? ;)

Originally posted by avingupta
Oh look....stargirl and I posted at the exact same time...a sign perhaps???

Puke... :D
I plan on taking it as easy as possible and enjoying my last few months of freedom before dental school starts. I suggest binge drinking, but if that doesn't work, maybe you could take up a new hobby? My hobby -- cycling has found it's way into 20 hours of my week so I don't worry too much about being bored.

I wish I could take some sedative and fall asleep for the next 7 months.

I think Rip Van Winkle would strongle recommend against this;) :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Accomplish things like what? Maybe I'll follow your lead.

Anything you are interested in, personally I have been or will be:

reading -- lots of books I would like to read that I wont have time for in the future

traveling -- although I am in the same dilema as you, not sure if I want to take a big trip to europe this summer or save the $

partying -- I will be moving away from nearly all my friends when I leave for school

working out -- hoping to be in excellent shape when I enter school

Mountain biking/golf -- plan to take up both of these this summer

learning new stuff -- working on my italian or spanish

kayaking -- my new hobby from last summer

etc.etc.

Start new hobbies, go out, enjoy yourself. There is a million things I can think of that I want to do. Most of which I will have to cut down on once I start school.

Dentaldream, why don't you get a job? :eek:

Originally posted by comatose
Dentaldream, why don't you get a job? :eek:

I have one. But this job is soo boring. It pays good, and I spend the majority of my time pretending to do work.

arrr.... I will have only a month and half free before school starts. darn... there are nearly 20 MicroMV video tapes that I have recorded for my boy need to be converted to DVD. My resolution .... arrr... dun know... time is running out for me.

I'm so sick of wait for stupid dental school to start. As you may or may not know, I found out of my acceptance in early sept, and have been waiting rather impatiently since.

I wish I could take some sedative and fall asleep for the next 7 months. And when I wake up, its time for school!! YEA!

"I'm so sick of BEING in dental school. I wish it would end. As you may or may not know, I've been in school for 8 months now.

I wish I could take some sedative and fall asleep for the next 3.4 years. And when i wake up, it's degree time!! YEA!"

Dude, just wait for school to start. The grass is NEVER greener, just a different length.

^^^^^^

WORD!

Save some money, and spend some to have fun. Seriously, your life in dental school will be limited by the schedule (unless you like to skip class), so saving your money will only go so far. Go ahead and spend SOME of it for some fun. Flights are cheap now, visit some friends and crash at their place. Have a frugal vacation so that it's all out of your system. You have plenty of time to enjoy dental school.

I have one. But this job is soo boring. It pays good, and I spend the majority of my time pretending to do work.

Hey Dream, where do you work and what do you do?

And I agree with Gavin...you'll be looking back at your post one day and ask yourself, "what was I on".....

I work at an engineering firm. I'm basically an editor, and make changes to this boiler manual the engineers are working on. Fun!