I'm stressed and I'm not even applying for another year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

md2bknox

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm freaking out and I'm not even applying this year, and this isn't normal anxiety. Sometimes I have paniac attacks to the point where my I feel like I can't breath. I start thinking about if I don't get in, what will I do, because there is nothing else I want to do. I've never not gotten into anything, if you can believe that. I applied to one undergraduate school and got in. Any scholarship I applied to I got, and I'm not sure how well I will do with rejection. I don't want it to affect me for the rest of the year and the next year. I keep thinking what if I don't well on the MCAT, I mean my grades suck already. Is this weird, I feel like a loser for real, I mean usually I'm chill, and I'm not an optmist but don't make a big deal of things like this! I don't know what I should do:( Have anyone else felt this way? How did you deal with it?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm freaking out and I'm not even applying this year, and this isn't normal anxiety. Sometimes I have paniac attacks to the point where my I feel like I can't breath. I start thinking about if I don't get in, what will I do, because there is nothing else I want to do. I've never not gotten into anything, if you can believe that. I applied to one undergraduate school and got in. Any scholarship I applied to I got, and I'm not sure how well I will do with rejection. I don't want it to affect me for the rest of the year and the next year. I keep thinking what if I don't well on the MCAT, I mean my grades suck already. Is this weird, I feel like a loser for real, I mean usually I'm chill, and I'm not an optmist but don't make a big deal of things like this! I don't know what I should do:( Have anyone else felt this way? How did you deal with it?

Deeeeep breath :)

Everything will be fine. Work hard, keep your nose to the grindstone, and you'll get through it just like thousands have before you. I have s**t grades, as do many other non-trads, but you can overcome it. I'm a reapplicant, but first time around, I actually got in with a 3.1 and a 32 (long story). And if you need a pick-me-up, read my personal statement - it's full of sage advice.

Good luck. Maintain a positive attitude, and you'll go far.

A good premed advisor can really help relieve the pressure and help you keep focused on the task at hand. If you have one and they're any good, use them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Deeeeep breath :)

Everything will be fine. Work hard, keep your nose to the grindstone, and you'll get through it just like thousands have before you. I have s**t grades, as do many other non-trads, but you can overcome it. I'm a reapplicant, but first time around, I actually got in with a 3.1 and a 32 (long story). And if you need a pick-me-up, read my personal statement - it's full of sage advice.

Good luck. Maintain a positive attitude, and you'll go far.

You are super hella funny! Thanks, I did read it, and your narrative was awesome! How do you feel about the MCAT you recently took?

Thanks for the support you guys! I don't know, I've been doing poorly in physics, and I don't exactly have a 3.0 (lower). I'm not a good test taker, and I think all of these small things are rolling to be a stressful situation. Sometimes I can calm down, but it's like damn what am I going to do when I have to hit that button to send off my application..I hate to even think about it! Then I start thinking about my age, and the age I'll be when I start, how I messed up, and my family! UGH..but your right calm down..lol:oops: I need to calm down otherwise I might be like :eek: and eventually look like this :scared:

You are super hella funny! Thanks, I did read it, and your narrative was awesome! How do you feel about the MCAT you recently took?

Thanks! I feel good about the MCAT although I have no idea what my score will turn out to be. Don't get discouraged by the hard work now, it'll pay off down the road.