I'm top heavy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HarryPotter1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT: 14/10/13 PS/VR/BS (37R)
sGPA: 3.96
cGPA: 3.95
Undergrad: top 20

ECs:
a lot

School list:
harvard
upenn
johns hopkins
UCSF (lololol expecting rejection pre-secondary)
wash uni in st. louis
duke
UMich
yale
columbia
stanford
Uchicago
Upitt
vanderbilt
cornell
mount sinai
northwestern
case western
emory
baylor
UVA
NYU
brown
rochester
Boston U
dartmouth
USC keck
albert einstein
georgetown
tufts
Mayo

So yeah, I have quite a lot of schools and not many safeties (recommend any safeties?). Do y'all think I'll get an acceptance from this list? What more do I need to do? I'm applying next summer.

edited for anonymity.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're good. I had almost identical stats and less spectacular ECs and got interviews at pretty much all those places listed that I applied to. Just brush up on your interviewing.

1) (publication will most likely not be submitted until after primaries are in - how do I present this on AMCAS?)
2) world ranked in 2 computer games (should i include this?)
3) (besides UMDNJs are any safeties?).
4) Do y'all think I'll get an acceptance from this list?
1) You can say at the end of the Research entry that a publication is in preparation. After it's accepted you can send schools an update letter.
2) Yes.
3) Georgetown seems safe-ish, too.
4) It' looks promising if your LORs are good, PS is intriguing and humble, and you interview well.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) You can say at the end of the Research entry that a publication is in preparation. After it's accepted you can send schools an update letter.
2) Yes.
3) Georgetown seems safe-ish, too.
4) It' looks promising if your LORs are good, PS is intriguing and humble, and you interview well.

Thanks a lot! I'll just continue what I'm doing and see if there are any more opportunities along the way.

I'm gonna go ahead and call bs on some of these ec's unless you're a nontraditional student. What 2 computer games are you supposedly world ranked (unless you're talking about rankings that include 10000 players) lol.

You could apply to the public TX schools. You do have to fill out another application, but the value of a medical education here is exceptional.

I heard the Mayo makes all applicants lift up their shirts during the interview process, so you should be golden.

I'm gonna go ahead and call bs on some of these ec's unless you're a nontraditional student. What 2 computer games are you supposedly world ranked (unless you're talking about rankings that include 10000 players) lol.

hahaha! thank you!

edit: not a nontrad - my school just gives premeds great opportunities

Last edited:
you must definitely include this. nothing like a nice ol' 6 pack to impress adcoms

lol! that was mainly to see if people actually read that stuff I was writings so i stuck it in there. It's true though... for now...