I'm upset

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnUC33

A Stinkin Conservative
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to reveal the names of these two schools because I really do not see the purpose in doing that.

I had received a card from one school nearly two months ago saying my application was complete. I kept expecting to hear from them, but I never heard anything. So I decided to give them a call today. I asked why I have not heard anything in nearly two months. She said oops, your application has been complete this whole time, and I didn't notice it. How in the world is that professional? I pay an application fee, receive a card from them saying my application is complete, and the head of admissions says she didn't notice my application is complete.

At another well-respected school, my application had been complete for nearly a month. I give them a call up today, and they too did not realize that my application had been complete for nearly so long.

I guess I should have been calling sooner, but I'm not really wanting to attend either of those schools now. I'm just upset that I paid them an application fee, and they were very unprofessional in regards to my application. Oh, well, I just felt like venting.

Members don't see this ad.

that probably explains why i havnt heard from schools that i "shouldve been complete" at...oh well..i got into my #1 :)

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it doesn't happen again with you. If those two school have positive aspects that you may like, you may still want to consider them. I know you're upset and I understand, but you know, I've heard stories about many admissions offices being careless, etc. What's more important is if the school's a good fit for you, etc...I mean you're probably not going to be dealing with the admissions office if you're a student there. I would recommend, if you do receive an interview, check them out, and keep your options open. Of course, I am just suggesting...you may disagree. Good luck, and hope you find a great school:)

Members don't see this ad :)
JohnUC33 said:
I'm not going to reveal the names of these two schools because I really do not see the purpose in doing that.

I had received a card from one school nearly two months ago saying my application was complete. I kept expecting to hear from them, but I never heard anything. So I decided to give them a call today. I asked why I have not heard anything in nearly two months. She said oops, your application has been complete this whole time, and I didn't notice it. How in the world is that professional? I pay an application fee, receive a card from them saying my application is complete, and the head of admissions says she didn't notice my application is complete.

At another well-respected school, my application had been complete for nearly a month. I give them a call up today, and they too did not realize that my application had been complete for nearly so long.

I guess I should have been calling sooner, but I'm not really wanting to attend either of those schools now. I'm just upset that I paid them an application fee, and they were very unprofessional in regards to my application. Oh, well, I just felt like venting.
Feel your pain. I haven't heard for 13 schools and I've been complete since freakin June/July. Sucks. Not professional at all. :thumbdown:

Oh, If I hadn't already mentioned, I got accepted into my top two choices already. I was just letting off a little steam.

Care to share the school(s)?? if i were accepted to both of my top 2 choices..i would have no steam left to let out ;)

mikeypo0 said:
Care to share the school(s)?? if i were accepted to both of my top 2 choices..i would have no steam left to let out ;)

I just upset that I had to give these schools money in order for them to not do their job.

JohnUC33 said:
I asked why I have not heard anything in nearly two months. She said oops, your application has been complete this whole time, and I didn't notice it. How in the world is that professional? I pay an application fee, receive a card from them saying my application is complete, and the head of admissions says she didn't notice my application is complete.

I'll tell you a story that's even worse. One of my friends is a DO orthopaedic surgeon. Quite a few years ago he was accepted at Nova Southeastern (they had a different name then), but was 1st on the waiting list at another school, which was his 1st choice. So, he decided to reject the one offer and wait for his 1st choice. The admissions people at his 1st choice told him that he would pretty much be guaranteed a spot because they always went into the waiting list. Months later, he called his 1st choice school and discovered that they had lost his file in the shuffle and the class had been filled by that time. When asked what he could do about it, they replied, "It's too late now, but you can apply again next year." So, with few other choices, he went to PA school instead, and he was a PA for 8 years before applying to med schools again. The last time, DMU was the only place that would accept him, but he has a wonderful practice now. I guess there is a happy ending...

that makes me nervous. It is hard enough waiting for interview offers, but then hearing that some schools are doing that. You would think that they had the process streamlined and organized by now :thumbdown: