I'm wondering...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SusyG

One day =)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those in the pediatrics/neonatal fields, why did you want to be one?

Members don't see this ad.

oldbearprofessor said:
I like babies :)

I prefer to take care of very sick babies than relatively healthy children of any age.

Regards

OBP

I like babies too. And frankly, from having observed neonatologists, I like the fact that they are generalists (in a sense) and that they really do have to observe the babies more than any other patient. I have to write a personal statement -- I'm unsure of how to get my thoughts down in a good way :confused:

SusyG said:
I like babies too. And frankly, from having observed neonatologists, I like the fact that they are generalists (in a sense) and that they really do have to observe the babies more than any other patient. I have to write a personal statement -- I'm unsure of how to get my thoughts down in a good way :confused:
i will tell you why i love peds. it's rarely my patient's fault that they are sick. my future nicu babies-they did not choose to be preemies or have a congenital heart defect. i will be doing things to help them get a chance to live a life.

i loved internal medicine-but too many of my patients smoked, drank and ate their way into obesity, COPD and cirrhosis.

i just don't like babies, i love babies :love: