Images on Step 1

doceasy24

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2007
13
0
    Hey. Does anyone know if the images on the exam are the same or very similar to the images that Goljan uses in his slides?? Thanks!

    Also, for those who have taken it, feedback on how best to prepare for the images is appreciated.
     

    blz

    Senior Member
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jan 8, 2002
    1,282
    4
    LA
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      don't bother. studying pictures is unnecessary for path. they show pics of basic stuff that you come across in general studying or in question banks (hypersegmented neutrophils, target cell, spherocytes, polyp, kid with blue eyes, etc). i used goljan so his book had a lot of good pics. however, most of the pic questions can be answered by the question. just run through the FA pics in the back of the book the day before your test.


      the only pics where it requires you to know anything specific are the anatomy questions. so know your xrays, MRIs, CTs, etc.
       
      About the Ads

      JayneCobb

      big damn hero....
      Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Oct 17, 2006
      1,444
      4
      1. Fellow [Any Field]
        What resources did you guys use to study CT's, xrays, and MRI's??

        blz's reply is inline with my own experience with USMLE. The radiology pics I had were secondary informaiton and did little to add to what I already knew from the quesition. There might have been 1 or 2 questions which the answer dawned on me when I saw the picture.

        But if you want a good pathology atlas, Robbin's has a great atlas at a very reasonable price.
         

        superdevil

        planning my escape
        10+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Jul 30, 2003
        1,721
        0
        always in the last place i look
        1. Medical Student
          Also, for those who have taken it, feedback on how best to prepare for the images is appreciated.
          for my test, i would just echo some previous sentiments by saying the pics i had were almost totally superfluous. i'd say 75% of the questions could have been answered without an image. the other 25% are either classic examples or "wtf, i hope this is a trial question!!!" type questions. overall, though, there weren't really that many images on my test.
           
          This thread is more than 14 years old.

          Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

          1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.