IME resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JKinSC

Wir ernten was wir säen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I‘m a recent grad, going into private-practice/contract work, and got asked by the office manager of my group early on if I’d be willing to do IMEs, as they’re fairly lucrative and the practice only has a single MD still doing them. I’ve been told time and again don’t say no to anything early on, as there’s no telling what you’ll end up liking, so of course I said yes.

I’ve yet to meet the other guy, and I’d feel funny asking him for too much help because it could very well be taking food off of his table. So I’ve come to y’all wonderful people, after quite a few years away. A quick search shows me that, at least Whopper and Watto do them, or did them in 2018 anyways. Does anyone else have experience doing them, and could anyone recommend any good resources and/or templates for reports? I found SEAK, which seems to have a lot to offer in the way of training and resources. Are they legit/worth it? Anyone else offer similar? Any help will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Feel free to send me a PM, am happy to help - a lot of the info is state-specific due to differences in statutes / type of work you are going to be doing.

I initially learned by reading state guidelines for Workers' Comp and the reports of other physicians. There are a lot of nuances you can glean from the forensic literature, as well. Did not use SEAK.

Reactions: 1 user