IMG and RADS (again, I know)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

radiologygirl

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been a passive member of this forum and have noticed and learnt from all of the great advice given by you all to other members....Now it is my turn.

I attend a school in the West Indies and I am very much interested in Rads. I am an above average student. Our school does not have AOA but we have our own in house honours of which I am a member.

I have just recently received my step one scores...235/95.

My question is, are these scores good enough being and IMG and what should I be doing over the next few months to make myself competitive enough to be considered for a spot.
 
There was a good post by Cuts, a craibbean grad who matched in Rad a couple of years back. It summarized all the points beautifully.
To state in a nutshell,
Get as high scores as possible in the Usmle's
Apply early, broadly and widely.
Be proactive.
Have some backup.
Get great Lor's and write a great PS.
GL