• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

indoc

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Status
Non-Student
Hello, i am confused about the translation of the diploma, im worried if i'm not doing it correctly, the following is the setup of my translated diploma, please correct if im wrong :

1. The paper size is letter (216x279mm or 8,5 x 11 inches)
2. The translation is word by word, but the paper layout is in portrait , while the original diploma is in landscape
3. The translation is then Stamped with the school stamp and verified with a signature by an administrator at my school. (the dean only signs the real diploma). Is this ok ??

So the documents i will send to ECFMG are :
- 2 copies of original transcript -- letter size (8,5x11 inch) also ?
- 2 copies of translated original transcript
- 1 full face color passport photo -- ??
- 1 Form 344 (Medschool credentials)
- 2 Form 345 (Medschool release)
- Form 186
- Form 187

DID I MISS A THING ????? PLS HELP ME , because i will be going to the US and will be difficult to arrange the letters again.
And Is it ok if i send this package from the US, if form 186 signed by public notary ?
THANK YOU !

Last edited:

Ice dude

10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
Status
Post Doc
It is ok, to send the package from US, and ok to get it signed by a notary public. I am not sure about the number of photos, check that out at ecfmg.org.

naz22

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2009
Status
Medical Student
i finished up medical school in india and now am confused where to go from here. i have returned to the u.s. now. i went to ecfmg.com...but am so confused. its seems like a different language to me. i have brought my certificates from india...now what do i do? what forms do i need to get and in what order do i everything...can i get the forms online? first the forms or somethign before that? please help out... am just too lost.
thanks

About the Ads

Saladin MD

EM Resident
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i finished up medical school in india and now am confused where to go from here. i have returned to the u.s. now. i went to ecfmg.com...but am so confused. its seems like a different language to me. i have brought my certificates from india...now what do i do? what forms do i need to get and in what order do i everything...can i get the forms online? first the forms or somethign before that? please help out... am just too lost.
thanks
Are you talking about in order to take step 1?

I think the only thing you need from the Indian med school is for them to sign form 183. I have no idea why the OP listed all those documents.

Captopril

10+ Year Member
May 10, 2008
The ICU
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I don't think you need to send your transcripts to ECFMG. The 345 forms are basically a request form that ECFMG forwards to your school to attain your transcripts directly from them.

Last edited:

Captopril

10+ Year Member
May 10, 2008
The ICU
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Are you talking about in order to take step 1?

I think the only thing you need from the Indian med school is for them to sign form 183. I have no idea why the OP listed all those documents.
183 is only for the Step 2 CS. For Step 1 you need all the nonsense the OP listed (minus the transcripts, as I mentioned above). At least I hope so. I sent my packet to ECFMG a couple days ago and in it I included:

186 (notarized here in America)
344 + photo
345 x 2
2 copies of my degree

Keep in mind I have ADD and only briefly read over the instructions before mailing this stuff out.

Jul 12, 2010
Status
Hello,
Please, can you tell us,
You send those documents before applying for exam? i finished med school, and planning to pass step1 soon.
because i believe, they should verify the credentials before allowing us to schedule exams.
Thanks in advance!

About the Ads