IMG best step1 strategy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

circepix

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I know there have been many topics on the subject, but i would like some fresh perspective, because some of them were quite old and i figured things change, especially with the USMLE.

I am a med-student in Romania, and i want to take the USMLE step 1, but i have a slight strategy problem. I know that most of you just use review books because you only need to remember the things you already learned from your textbooks, but i do not know if it will be enough for me. My school has books that were printed 20 years ago, even 30, and some of them have serious errors. Therefore, what i have learned in school is different from what i will learn in the usmle in some aspects, so....

My question is: is it enough if i just read the review books, or should i also purchase textbooks on all the subjects. This is also quite pricy so i need to be sure of what the right course is before i start buying books then deciding i don't need them. A better way to ask: if you had not had good textbooks throughout your first two years, or had not studies too hard, would it have been enough for you to just go through the reviews multiple times?

Members don't see this ad.