Vrach

7+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello everyone!
I'm an IMG about to start my last year of med school (6 yr program). I've already taken Step 1 (240+) and I want to start studying for Step 2 to take in the winter.

I've been looking on forums for book suggestions. I don't want to have too many materials to read and wanted to get Step up to medicine, Master the boards and UWorld but then I read somewhere that Step up to med is a book only for internal medicine and that its better to get the Kaplan series. And now I cannot decide. Do you think Step up to medicine for internal and Master the boards +Uworld would be enough for a 250+ score? Or should I get Kaplan? Or is there anything else in addition you guys recommend?

And another question. Do you think I can fully prepare in 3.5 months? Assuming 6-7 hrs per day?

Thanks in advance!

dorjosam

2+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2014
all resources (Kaplan-MTB-Step up-First Aid) are somehow similar and kind of transition to give you a confidence for main thing-->UW. so I would suggest to take a look at all of them briefly before selecting any of them to see which one do you like more. they have different types of writing. UW will build your score at the end of the day. good luck.

Reactions: lymphocyte
OP
V

Vrach

7+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
all resources (Kaplan-MTB-Step up-First Aid) are somehow similar and kind of transition to give you a confidence for main thing-->UW. so I would suggest to take a look at all of them briefly before selecting any of them to see which one do you like more. they have different types of writing. UW will build your score at the end of the day. good luck.
Thank you very much for your response!

Would you recomend starting uworld right away, along side of reading the books?

dorjosam

2+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2014
Thank you very much for your response!

Would you recomend starting uworld right away, along side of reading the books?
That's what I'm doing right now. It will be super slow but that's okay. Just don't forget to write notes from UW. Good luck! ;)