IMG Cardio aspirant thread

Started by jibajiba
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jibajiba

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be a resident at a nice IM program in the north-east soon. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if any IMGs have matched at the likes of BWH/BU/MGH/Duke for a general cardiovascular disease fellowhip.

I couldn't find a list of Cardio fellows on their website.

Most likely I will be on H1B visa. I understand that it is a significant hinderance. However, since I plan to superspecialize further as well as do a non-accredited fellowship at some top institutions, 7 years on J1 might not be enough for me.

Thank you.
 
Hello jibajiba?
well congrats..
I am an IMG pgy1 in a relatively avg program, but a cards fellow aspirant looking to beef up my cv with some research, as my unv has no ongoing research & no seniors aspiring for cards.. im looking for some guidance, mentors, associates for partnering and may be writing up review articles v/s sharing & collaboratiing on research work..