IMG friendly programs in EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flyguymai

Clinical Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I apologize in advance if there is already a similar thread running (please redirect me if there is!).

Some background: I'm currently in my fourth year (of five) at a Irish medical school, and it appears from the interview feedback from my peers in their final year, that its getting more and more competitive to land an interview.

I'm in the process of narrowing down my elective choices for the summer....the prevalent advice is to rotate where you want to end up. That being said, with the numerous number of emergency programs out there, and I being Canadian, I'd really appreciate any feedback on IMG friendly schools in emergency!!

Thanks for the help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey folks,

I apologize in advance if there is already a similar thread running (please redirect me if there is!).

Some background: I'm currently in my fourth year (of five) at a Irish medical school, and it appears from the interview feedback from my peers in their final year, that its getting more and more competitive to land an interview.

I'm in the process of narrowing down my elective choices for the summer....the prevalent advice is to rotate where you want to end up. That being said, with the numerous number of emergency programs out there, and I being Canadian, I'd really appreciate any feedback on IMG friendly schools in emergency!!

Thanks for the help in advance!

American IMG-friendly schools?

The easiest way (and what I did), is go to every Carib MD and other foreign schools that you can find and study their match lists for the past few years. Write down every EM program that their grads matched into. That should give you a good starting point for programs that you would have a better chance at interviewing/matching.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, IMG-friendly American schools!

There are so many programs, the list is absolutely exhausting. Do you think that schools that allow international students to do electives is a good indication??

Groove, good advice!

University Hospital in Cleveland, OH has a few IMGs.