IMG hurdles?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkmansaad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldnt find a post that answered this question in this part of the forum so I figured Id ask. If I was from an American school I'd probably be considered an "good" candidate = 248/99 Step 1, good LOR's, hopefully have my name on some research/abstract or pub in the next 12 months, good work ethic, etc. However I am doing my 3rd year rotations right now from Saba University in the Caribbean and was considering anesthesia strongly and was wondering what kind of chances or hurdles I face if I wanted to match in a University affiliated program. I heard anesis getting harder every year so jus wanted to hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak.

Peace, love

Members don't see this ad.

I couldnt find a post that answered this question in this part of the forum so I figured Id ask. If I was from an American school I'd probably be considered an "good" candidate = 248/99 Step 1, good LOR's, hopefully have my name on some research/abstract or pub in the next 12 months, good work ethic, etc. However I am doing my 3rd year rotations right now from Saba University in the Caribbean and was considering anesthesia strongly and was wondering what kind of chances or hurdles I face if I wanted to match in a University affiliated program. I heard anesis getting harder every year so jus wanted to hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak.

Peace, love

Bro, I know you! There are other posts here about the possibility of matching into a good anesthesiology program from where you are coming from. Don't worry. I think you could consider your chances "DIESEL".

Good job on Step 1. I heard you and GC did great. Are you guys rotating together?