IMG interested in Pathology

Started by beanbean
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

beanbean

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am posting this for a friend in Latin America. He is a GP currently in Costa Rica and recently received his US citizenship (father was US citizen born in the Canal Zone in Panama). He attended medical school in Latin America, but has lived in the US before and is completely fluent in English.

He wants to complete a Pathology residency. What type of USMLE scores should he be aiming for? How competitive is Path for IMGs with US citizenship these days? Any and all advice appreciated including possible employment ideas until he completes Step 1-3 and applies for the match.

Thanks!
 
I'll be happy to help him out. Please let me know his email address so that I can get in touch.