IMG interested in Radiology Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hopefulrad06

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I am IMG and have done a 4 year residency in Radiology in my home country. I just recently moved here and will be taking my Step 1 next month.

I am just wondering what score range should I be aiming for? Some people have said I need to get between 240-250, others have said between 220-240. We don't have a requirement and/or tradition of publications so I don't have any. I will be doing some kind of an research and clinical experience once I give Step 1.

I've also heard that since I have done a full residency in Radiology already, I don't need to re-do a residency, I can do fellowship instead. Is that true? If so, where can I find more information about it?
I will be ECFMG certified.

Any help you guys can provide will he extremely appreciated.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
It is true.. Apply directly to fellowship, but it must be acredited and 4 years at the same hospital so you can be board eligible. I'm on the same boat as you.. But already gave step 1 and I'm currently a resident in europe. PM me so we can change numbers if you want!
 
And you must have completed all steps to apply for fellowship

how is it possible that you are ECFMG certified without having your steps done?