immunology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keiki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
to current pharm students...

is immunology offered in your curriculum? we had an overview of it in our patho class, however, it's not a required class for our program. it seems like it's a rather important class... i was wondering if i should take it next fall since i have space for it... if i don't take immunology, i'm taking vet pharm and clinical toxicology!:D

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would take Immuno before you get to pharm school. I'm in it right now and the test we just had on Tuesday was the hardest test we've had in pharm school so far.
But vet pharm seems way more fun and interesting!

Our microbiology class is actually immunology + microbiology. We spent about 4 weeks on immune system specifics. We had an overview in pathophysiology last semester, but it just scratched the surface of what we had this semester in immuno/micro. It's an interesting subject and I enjoyed it.

Members don't see this ad :)
The absolute worst class I've ever taken, hands down.:sleep:

Immunology is offered as part of the curriculum for most pharm school. If u do not take it, u can buy an immunology book called
"Immunology for pharmacy students" by Wei-chiang Shen and Stan G. Louie. It is a pretty good book and the best thing about it, is that it is written specifically with pharmacy students in mind. There is a compendum that is suppose to be sold with it, not sure when that is gonna go on the market. Basicallly the compendum is an updated version of the book. Overall, I think it was a pretty good book. If u do a search, someone was trying to sell it online here at this site.

As an undergrad, it was my fav class. I hope they offer it for pharm school. I think for any health related field it's important

i meant to reply under this thread.. but instead i accidentally started a new one.. oops.:( so my reply is under the thread called thanks!

:p