keiki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2003
i'd rather be in hawaii...
Visit site
Status
to current pharm students...

is immunology offered in your curriculum? we had an overview of it in our patho class, however, it's not a required class for our program. it seems like it's a rather important class... i was wondering if i should take it next fall since i have space for it... if i don't take immunology, i'm taking vet pharm and clinical toxicology!:D

thanks!

Smile like you mean it
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2003
Peoria, AZ
I would take Immuno before you get to pharm school. I'm in it right now and the test we just had on Tuesday was the hardest test we've had in pharm school so far.
But vet pharm seems way more fun and interesting!

dgroulx

Night Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
Woodinville, Washington
Status
Pharmacist
Our microbiology class is actually immunology + microbiology. We spent about 4 weeks on immune system specifics. We had an overview in pathophysiology last semester, but it just scratched the surface of what we had this semester in immuno/micro. It's an interesting subject and I enjoyed it.

About the Ads

jdpharmd?

Turning lead into gold
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2003
AND then...
Visit site
Status
The absolute worst class I've ever taken, hands down.:sleep:

gdk420

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Immunology is offered as part of the curriculum for most pharm school. If u do not take it, u can buy an immunology book called
"Immunology for pharmacy students" by Wei-chiang Shen and Stan G. Louie. It is a pretty good book and the best thing about it, is that it is written specifically with pharmacy students in mind. There is a compendum that is suppose to be sold with it, not sure when that is gonna go on the market. Basicallly the compendum is an updated version of the book. Overall, I think it was a pretty good book. If u do a search, someone was trying to sell it online here at this site.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
Status
Pharmacist
..and that person is me. And I still have the book in all of it's powder blue colored glory.

Oneday_9

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
Status
As an undergrad, it was my fav class. I hope they offer it for pharm school. I think for any health related field it's important

About the Ads