Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

immunology?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by keiki, Apr 5, 2004.

1. keiki

keiki Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

to current pharm students...

is immunology offered in your curriculum? we had an overview of it in our patho class, however, it's not a required class for our program. it seems like it's a rather important class... i was wondering if i should take it next fall since i have space for it... if i don't take immunology, i'm taking vet pharm and clinical toxicology!:D

thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 28657

28657 Smile like you mean it
    10+ Year Member

I would take Immuno before you get to pharm school. I'm in it right now and the test we just had on Tuesday was the hardest test we've had in pharm school so far.
    But vet pharm seems way more fun and interesting!

4. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Our microbiology class is actually immunology + microbiology. We spent about 4 weeks on immune system specifics. We had an overview in pathophysiology last semester, but it just scratched the surface of what we had this semester in immuno/micro. It's an interesting subject and I enjoyed it.

5. jdpharmd?

jdpharmd? Turning lead into gold
    7+ Year Member

The absolute worst class I've ever taken, hands down.:sleep:

6. gdk420

gdk420 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Immunology is offered as part of the curriculum for most pharm school. If u do not take it, u can buy an immunology book called
    "Immunology for pharmacy students" by Wei-chiang Shen and Stan G. Louie. It is a pretty good book and the best thing about it, is that it is written specifically with pharmacy students in mind. There is a compendum that is suppose to be sold with it, not sure when that is gonna go on the market. Basicallly the compendum is an updated version of the book. Overall, I think it was a pretty good book. If u do a search, someone was trying to sell it online here at this site.

7. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 imagine sisyphus happy
    Pharmacist 15+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    ..and that person is me. And I still have the book in all of it's powder blue colored glory.

8. Oneday_9

Oneday_9 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

As an undergrad, it was my fav class. I hope they offer it for pharm school. I think for any health related field it's important

9. keiki

keiki Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i meant to reply under this thread.. but instead i accidentally started a new one.. oops.:( so my reply is under the thread called thanks!

:p