Immunostainer meltdown...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmz

Pathology Wannabe
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our beloved Dako Autolink (two year old machine) blew a piece of tubing the other day and essentially ALL of the exposed (gotta love precision German engineering) circuit boards were doused with salt water. A complete extensive overhaul and repair needs to be performed to replace the arm mechanism and the pump. Am I out of line in asking Dako to completely send me a new system?

Members don't see this ad.

Guess it depends on what the warranty is. Either way, there's no harm in asking because the worst they could say is "no". But why would you be contacting Dako anyway, that kinda stuff is what lab managers are for?

Reactions: 1 users
They can fix it. Let them do their magic and revalidate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guess it depends on what the warranty is. Either way, there's no harm in asking because the worst they could say is "no". But why would you be contacting Dako anyway, that kinda stuff is what lab managers are for?

We have a PM contract with Dako/Agilent. I am the one contacting the company because I own the machine and I pay the bills. I guess I just feel if I bark, someone might listen (rather than hear it from the lab manager).