Impact of a late step 2/comlex 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Itsarainbow

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys

I'm a 4th year DO who is currently studying for the step 2/comlex 2 with the date to take them set to mid October. How much impact will this have on interviews/residency chances as my scores won't be back until after the release of the MPSE (october 21st)?

My step 1 was a 226
 
It will have an enormous impact. I got my score back when you're set to take yours (so I was 4-6 weeks ahead of you) and missed out on a lot of interviews because of it it. I still had more interviews than I could go on due to my high scores, but I definitely missed out on some good programs that other students at my med school got interviews to with significantly lesser scores.

Take it ASAP.