Impact of writing on PCAT score?

Started by ammym92
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ammym92

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I took the pcat today and received a printout that told me my composite was a 90. Let's say I get a 3 on the essay, will it decrease, increase or not change my composite? How heavily is it weighted? Thanks !
 
Hey writing doesn't factor into your overall composite it has its separate given score. How was the bio section I am using Dr. Collins bio packet for it and did chem have a lot calculations questions? Thanks
 
Your writing score doesn't affect your composite. You are given a separate score for your writing. Great job on getting a 90! I took mine in July and also got a 90 composite 🙂 In about 4 weeks you should receive your official score, my composite score remained as a 90 but I got a writing score separately as a 4.0.
 
Your writing score doesn't affect your composite. You are given a separate score for your writing. Great job on getting a 90! I took mine in July and also got a 90 composite 🙂 In about 4 weeks you should receive your official score, my composite score remained as a 90 but I got a writing score separately as a 4.0.
TY SO MUCH! and congrats! I think I did terrible on the essay.... But ty for letting me know!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey writing doesn't factor into your overall composite it has its separate given score. How was the bio section I am using Dr. Collins bio packet for it and did chem have a lot calculations questions? Thanks


Thanks!

Bio and chem i got 97 composite on each.

I too, used Dr collins prep. Dr collins was extremely helpful for chem (esp the practice questions) but as for biology, I studied it from KAPLAN. The chem did have a good amount of calculations but can be done fairly quick. There are also 2 reading passages for the chem section (i didn't have to read in order to answer the MC. Most can be answered with your own knowledge).

Reading and quantitative were hardest for me. Math was hard only because of the time limit. Reading was hard also due to time limit and how boring it was.

Good luck on your studying!
 
Thanks!

Bio and chem i got 97 composite on each.

I too, used Dr collins prep. Dr collins was extremely helpful for chem (esp the practice questions) but as for biology, I studied it from KAPLAN. The chem did have a good amount of calculations but can be done fairly quick. There are also 2 reading passages for the chem section (i didn't have to read in order to answer the MC. Most can be answered with your own knowledge).

Reading and quantitative were hardest for me. Math was hard only because of the time limit. Reading was hard also due to time limit and how boring it was.

Good luck on your studying!
Oh okay, was the biology like the Pearson practice exams ?
 
Oh okay, was the biology like the Pearson practice exams ?
The biology practice exams on dr collins were very similar. But when studying for the bio exams, I suggest you use kaplan. I also used kaplan flash cards to study for verbal but dr collins verbal exams were quite on point! overall, dr collins is the way to go!
 
The biology practice exams on dr collins were very similar. But when studying for the bio exams, I suggest you use kaplan. I also used kaplan flash cards to study for verbal but dr collins verbal exams were quite on point! overall, dr collins is the way to go!
Oh okay because when I did the bio practice exams from Dr. Collins it seemed to easy like i finished in 15 min or less. I don't know if bio would be more detailed on the real exam
 
The biology practice exams on dr collins were very similar. But when studying for the bio exams, I suggest you use kaplan. I also used kaplan flash cards to study for verbal but dr collins verbal exams were quite on point! overall, dr collins is the way to go!

the verbal for the practice pearsons tests were harder than the dr collins in my opinion. how do you think pearson practice and dr collins compare to the actual pcat