Low PCAT score in math?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepharmacygal

Reaction score
My composite score on the PCAT is a 55, and that is what my top school is looking for. However, I am just worried that my low math score (13) will ruin my chances. I did well in the other areas (my best is 95 in reading). Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

That would depend on when the deadlines are due for your programs of choice along with the following:

1) If you already submitted your information to PharmCAS with "pending PCAT score submission" to Pearson (code 104 on PharmCAS)
2) If your program does rolling admission.

Some programs may choose PCAT as optional instead of being a requirement so see if that is a factor or not (I am assuming it is). Either way, if you meet the score criteria, and feel rushed for time, I would submit your packet. If you feel you can review Kaplan +/- Dr. Collins on the math section (with a program NOT doing rolling admissions) with a deadline by March 1st, then I may consider retaking it again if you so wish.

That would depend on when the deadlines are due for your programs of choice along with the following:

1) If you already submitted your information to PharmCAS with "pending PCAT score submission" to Pearson (code 104 on PharmCAS)
2) If your program does rolling admission.

Some programs may choose PCAT as optional instead of being a requirement so see if that is a factor or not (I am assuming it is). Either way, if you meet the score criteria, and feel rushed for time, I would submit your packet. If you feel you can review Kaplan +/- Dr. Collins on the math section (with a program NOT doing rolling admissions) with a deadline by March 1st, then I may consider retaking it again if you so wish.
The PCAT is required for my top school, yet I meet the required composite score. I don't really have enough time to study for the PCAT again and study for my hard classes at the same time. Not to mention, I have to work. I'm not really sure what to do.

The PCAT is required for my top school, yet I meet the required composite score. I don't really have enough time to study for the PCAT again and study for my hard classes at the same time. Not to mention, I have to work. I'm not really sure what to do.
In that case if you meet the criteria, submit your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it helps, the school website says nothing about the individual section scores, just the overall composite score

Surprised no one chimed in yet so I'm gonna. PULSE and CREDIT SCORE are two main admission criteria these days. And PULSE is optional. Pretty sure no one cares about math scores.

Reactions: 1 user