acetastic

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2005
Status
hey guys do you know how the ccs grade is incorporated into the rest of the grade, it only takes up a fraction of the two days we participate in. i can't seem to find any mention of its relative contribution or exactly how its assessed and rolled into everything else.

how much prep did you dedicate to it? just doing the online orientations vs usmleworld, etc.
i'm a tad confused about it--its the only new element to step exams compared to steps 1 and 2, so its left me a little anxious.

thanks a million,

mickey1t

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i just want to preface this by saying that i may be completely wrong, but it is my understanding that the CCS is 25% of STEP 3 overall grade. I believe I read that somewhere either on the USMLE or USMLE WORLD website. figure it is temporally about 25% of the 2 days, so it makes sense that it is 25% of the overall score....if anyone knows for sure, let us know

im actually taking it tomm/tues and have done the USMLE practice CCS as well as about half the USMLEWORLD CCS

good luck

Proverbs31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2008
Northern bound
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i just want to preface this by saying that i may be completely wrong, but it is my understanding that the CCS is 25% of STEP 3 overall grade. I believe I read that somewhere either on the USMLE or USMLE WORLD website. figure it is temporally about 25% of the 2 days, so it makes sense that it is 25% of the overall score....if anyone knows for sure, let us know

im actually taking it tomm/tues and have done the USMLE practice CCS as well as about half the USMLEWORLD CCS

good luck
GOOD LUCK!!!

If you have time can you share how you prepped for it? Any advice? Anyways Good luck tomorrow!

lord_jeebus

和魂洋才
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2003
GMT+9
Status
Attending Physician
I wouldn't do any preparation beyond familiarizing yourself with the CCS program by doing the downloadable practice cases.

The scenarios are mostly very straightforward and easy.