Importance of Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bmclinn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I originally took it for 1 week during the summer and dropped it because I couldn't keep up with the pace of the class. I found the class to be exponentially harder than Orgo I, II, and lab. My first choice (Butler) does not require I take it, however pretty much every other school I'm interested in does.

Should I try again? Any help would be much appreciated because I absolutely hated this class.

Members don't see this ad.

I would, unless you are 100% sure you get into Butler. Physics can be tough at my school all the professors of physics are ex-engineers. Just take algebra based physics which is often called "college physics" at a non-summer pace. The thing about physics is that as soon as you find yourself having problems understanding how to solve problems, you are going to want to seek out help as soon as possible from the professor or learning center. Procrastination will kill you in physics, especially if you are not a "physics person"