Importance of Step 3 for Derm Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DermResident

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I'm wrapping up intern year and haven't taken Step 3 yet. It looks like I won't have much time to prepare. How important is the step 3 score for fellowships? Step and Step 2 were 260+, and I'll be at a "top" derm program. Thanks!
 
Hi everyone,
I'm wrapping up intern year and haven't taken Step 3 yet. It looks like I won't have much time to prepare. How important is the step 3 score for fellowships? Step and Step 2 were 260+, and I'll be at a "top" derm program. Thanks!
First of all, congratulations. Secondly, you don't need to worry about Step 3 scores at all (short of failing or scoring like 210 or below). How well you network, publish and perform in residency is all that matters for fellowships.