Importance of the PAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MacAttack66

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I am wondering if schools place much emphasis on this score anymore? I've read differing viewpoints over the years as I look up past posts. I know it's still one of the three or four that are listed when giving a concise score....but which schools (if any) still weigh it as being important?

(I'm asking because I did well on that part of the DAT....much to my surprise!! And I didn't score as well on the other parts of my DAT....much to my disappointment in myself :( )

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering if schools place much emphasis on this score anymore? I've read differing viewpoints over the years as I look up past posts. I know it's still one of the three or four that are listed when giving a concise score....but which schools (if any) still weigh it as being important?

(I'm asking because I did well on that part of the DAT....much to my surprise!! And I didn't score as well on the other parts of my DAT....much to my disappointment in myself :( )
I think it varies, of course, but I do believe some still put quite a bit of value on your PAT score. It certainly counts in their overall analysis and could probably tip the scales in your favor it they are on the fence after analyzing your other scores and application.

The only school who doesn't really count the PAT much at all is UNLV (from what I've read here). They probably glance or look at it, but it's not included in their own formula they use to determine whether or not to invite someone to an interview. (But then, neither is the General Chemistry score included in their formula).