1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

important query about kaplan notes

Discussion in 'Step I' started by blankaflour, Aug 12, 2006.

1. blankaflour

blankaflour Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i got kaplan notes on all subjects but there was something cause my concern in the preface it is written that reading the notes wothout accessing the accompanying lectures is NOT effective way to review for the USMLE
    did any one try studying from them without accessing the accompanying lectures? if so do u belive that i have to do that to study effective or are the notes alone sufficient ??please help me i am worried on what resources to use to study for the boards ...do u believe that other review books will be better that kaplan notes ?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. blankaflour

blankaflour Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    please i need desperate help if any one knows anything please contribute

4. nasdr

nasdr Member
    7+ Year Member

i don't know how helpful this post will be, since I haven't taken step1 yet. But i've gone through the Kaplan Biochem and Kaplan Behavioral Sciences lecture notes without any of the audio lectures. Seems to be fine for me, and I know of others who just went through the text without the audio, as I plan to do.

5. I used the Kaplan biochem book and a few others to study w/o the lectures. Biochem was the best one but Micro and Pharm were also ok.

I'd use a variety of books to supplement Kaplan, but that's true of any resource for board studying.

good luck

6. whodunit

whodunit New Member

Medical Student
    I attended the lecture classes and realized that half of the class is spent in correcting stuff in the lecture notes-typos,etc. I wish they would just correct all the mistakes before they publish the notes, but then again they wouldn't get anyone to attend half the classes :mad: (I know I'm being a meany!) :smuggrin:

7. Magunda

Magunda New Member

please I would like to know which subjects are not properly reviewed in the Kaplan sets, and which Subject I need to study else where....
    thanks