important question!!! please read!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyecare510

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview at PCO at the beginning of february....a week later i received an invite to UMSL....so my interview date for that school is March 24th

Here's my problem....IF i get into PCO (my veerrryy 1st choice)...then im not going to UMSL interview....buuut i havnt heard from them yet and i hear they take longer than they say they are going to take...BUUUTTT i need to buy my ticket for UMSL SOON before they get really expensive!! so my question is should i call PCO in about a week and tell them " i received an invite from UMSL but PCO is my 1st choice so if i get in then i have no reason to go to that interview but i need to know ASAP"
OR is that a reeally bad idea?!

PLEAASEE HELP me decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks alot!

Members don't see this ad.

I had a similar situation, but I told them in the interview that I needed to know sooner, and they emailed me right away after they decided. I'm sure it won't hurt to call, as long as you ask them nicely and tell them your situation. Every school likes to hear that they are your top choice!

Whatever you do, be professional.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview at PCO at the beginning of february....a week later i received an invite to UMSL....so my interview date for that school is March 24th

Here's my problem....IF i get into PCO (my veerrryy 1st choice)...then im not going to UMSL interview....buuut i havnt heard from them yet and i hear they take longer than they say they are going to take...BUUUTTT i need to buy my ticket for UMSL SOON before they get really expensive!! so my question is should i call PCO in about a week and tell them " i received an invite from UMSL but PCO is my 1st choice so if i get in then i have no reason to go to that interview but i need to know ASAP"

thanks alot!

It seems like you should be hearing back soon anyway? I interviewed near the end of Jan. and heard back last week. They're pretty friendly over the phone, so you can always try

You should call UMSL too and ask how many seats are even open. The class size is soooooooooo small, you may only be interviewing for an Alternate List spot. Seriously. They start taking apps in August too (way early) and only have a set number of seats for state/out-state people. I would strongly suggest you call to find out.

if you find out about how many seats are open, can you let me know please...i have an interview next week....

thanks.

thanks alot!

i heard today that UMSL has 8 seats left. 5 for in state residence and 3 for non-residence. i'm not sure if this helps make a choice, but it helped me when i had to make a decision.

I know they review apps on Fridays, so by calling and asking, they might just tell you that your app is "in committee" and will be reviewed this Friday or next Friday.

But then again, it doesn't hurt to ask.

I am not in a situation like yours, so I have never had an explanation to my anxiousness to know.
It sounds like if you explain yourself, then they might give you a better answer than they've given me..

Is it impossible/improbable to reschedule the second interview for a later date? If so, perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to call P.C.O. and explain to them your situation — I doubt a school will mind hearing they are your first choice, and I further doubt that, even if they can't accommodate your request, they will penalize your chances of acceptance based on your making the phone call.

Last edited: