in a jam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nvr Ending Jrny

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok i signed up for this class that is designed for first year med students. I heard it was going to be very discussion oriented and premeds were invited to join if they were up for "interesting discussion". Today I had the class for the first time and I find out that the prereqs are physiology, and cell biology (never mentioned in the email i received from the premed society). I am done with my gened for bio, in the middle of finishing chem. I haven't even started orgo or physics or advanced bio classes. Anyways it's too late to drop the class because we had MLK day off and then a snow day on the next monday so the drop period is long gone and I can't afford to get a withdraw. I begged the records and registration department to get me out of the class but they said they can't.

This class is not a science class but rather it is a class on how to implement medical techniques in Bengal (India) and learn how to communicate with a Bengali person. I can handle this part but every now and then they wil throw in sh-it that I have no idea about (upper level bio stuff). The Chief of SEVEN different departments at our hospital (MCV) will be teaching the class and it is the absolute best recommendation I could possibly get. What do I do? Any quick ways to learn advanced bio if I have finished my gened for bio? Any words of encouragement? I'll take anything

Members don't see this ad.

I think as long as you've had first semester of intro bio, at least you have a general sense of what's going on at the cellular level. So although you may not understand what they're talking about, you could get a cell bio text and read more in-depth about a particular topic without being completely lost.

I found the following site that lets you search various upper-level bio texts for free. Hope this helps.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=Books