In a pickle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoSkins

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Schools will allow you to reschedule interviews. They understand that life happens.
Do you think it will be frowned upon though since they probably won't see my request to reschedule until the day of the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I originally read "Im a pickle" RICKLE PICKKK!! @biochem406 @Jerry Smith @Harassmentpanda
1803286_2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
You have pickles!? GIMME GIMME GIMME.

Best of luck with that interview!

Reactions: 1 user
I have a bit of a dilemma. I received an II today (Friday) and was fortunate to be able to schedule my interview for this Monday (in 3 days). My problem is that I was an idiot and completely forgot I have a doctor's appointment on Monday that I have already had to reschedule once, and will be monetarily penalized if I miss it again. Since it is the weekend, I don't think I will be able to get in contact with the school before my interview to reschedule.... Do you think I should try to get in contact with them? If I don't hear back, I plan on going to the interview.. Thoughts?
Go to the interview. Leave messages on the physician office machine, email the nurse, tell the answering service. Give the reason and they might be forgiving. Worst case scenario, you pay the fine. Missing an appointment is not the same as canceling ahead of time.

[I'd forgive you.]

Reactions: 3 users
I have a bit of a dilemma. I received an II today (Friday) and was fortunate to be able to schedule my interview for this Monday (in 3 days). My problem is that I was an idiot and completely forgot I have a doctor's appointment on Monday that I have already had to reschedule once, and will be monetarily penalized if I miss it again. Since it is the weekend, I don't think I will be able to get in contact with the school before my interview to reschedule.... Do you think I should try to get in contact with them? If I don't hear back, I plan on going to the interview.. Thoughts?
If the school won’t see the note more than likely until the day of the interview and you don’t get an okay ahead of time GO TO THE INTERVIEW. I can’t believe any other advice is being given. Yes you’d have to reschedule the appointment but I’d rather deal with the doctors office rather than miss out on an interview because the school saw your reschedule email the morning of. Plus it would look bad on you as if you don’t Properly plan.

Some schools may “understand life happens” but that doesn’t mean they can accommodate, especially at short notice. My friend had an interview at my Med school around the time of the hurricanes and asked to reschedule because the storm was near her home. The school couldn’t accommodate because they were booked for interviews. Just an example..

Go to the interview. Consider the fee for your appointment as just another part of interview expenses.

Edit: Just wanted to share a brief anecdote. I got a parking ticket (dumb mistake) while visiting my advisor for a mock interview. Went under med school application expenses in my budget spreadsheet :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Go to the interview. Leave messages on the physician office machine, email the nurse, tell the answering service. Give the reason and they might be forgiving. Worst case scenario, you pay the fine. Missing an appointment is not the same as canceling ahead of time.

[I'd forgive you.]

This.
Quoted for emphasis.