In a pickle!

Started by Moni526
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Moni526

Pharm D. Student
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys think I should retake the PCAT? I have already had 3 interview invitations (only been to one so far!) Obviously I applied to a bunch of schools. When I first had done my PharmCAS, I hadn't taken the October PCAT (I was registered to already though...). At that point, I got emails from a few of the schools I applied to saying my PCAT score was a little low and to take it again. I took it again and it is still pretty low, but I have still gotten invites and no emails requesting I take it again. (I think most schools are just waiting on my fall grades to review my application in full) So, should I take the test again in January? Insight please, I only have a little over a week to sign up! Please and thanks!! 😀 Oh, my stats are in my pharmapps under my avatar.
 
Hey Moni,

I think you should take it. Does it hurt if you take it anyways? You already have the interviews, the extra PCAT scores would boost your chances if you did well and give the adcoms the impression that you are persistent. Considering it is the January PCAT, you have about a month or so to study for it after finals. Just hit the books and study. Best of luck to you!

A little bit about me, I took the exam 4 times in order to get a decent score. So, I feel your pain about taking it again, it's one horrendous exam.
 
Hey Moni,

I think you should take it. Does it hurt if you take it anyways? You already have the interviews, the extra PCAT scores would boost your chances if you did well and give the adcoms the impression that you are persistent. Considering it is the January PCAT, you have about a month or so to study for it after finals. Just hit the books and study. Best of luck to you!

A little bit about me, I took the exam 4 times in order to get a decent score. So, I feel your pain about taking it again, it's one horrendous exam.

lol, January will also be my fourth time taking it! Thanks for the advice😉
 
I would definitely retake it again. The worst that could happen is you lose a little money and a month of studying. Your scores are a little on the low end so you really want to get the best PCAT you can get! Good luck with those interviews
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seeing as how you're already accepted, I would only take the test if there is another school you want to get into that is more competitive.