In a rut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mangos18

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a senior in college and my gpa is on the low end - a 3.19, however I did do decent on my DATs - 22 ... Is it worth applying to schools like BU and NYU? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a senior in college and my gpa is on the low end - a 3.19, however I did do decent on my DATs - 22 ... Is it worth applying to schools like BU and NYU? :scared:

In a word...YES. Put some of your other stats though so we have a complete picture.

Yes you should apply. 22 is a great score..if there are no huge red flags other than your GPA, then I don't see what's stopping you. People with your GPA and lower have gotten in. Why can't that be you?

Members don't see this ad :)
if you were consistant on the DAT (over 18 in every section) i would make sure UOP is in there. they give DAT a lot more weight than many other schools.

Last edited:

Absolutely. Work hard on a solid ps and get some LOR's (obviously). Check out predents.com and took a look at some of the stats that got into the private guys.

absolutely, go for it. hopefully that gpa includes a rough start with a nice increasing trend into higher grades! good luck!