In Big trouble?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenil2005

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I registered for the Oct 2005 pcat. But i have no anatomy and physiology as of today. I am cool with Chem, Math, but surely have to work on vocab as english is my second language. I have two months i can nail the vocab part but anatomy and physiology i don't think i can be able to do good on that section of pcat. Also i will have less time to study as i am taking organic I anatomy I and american history in fall 2005. I am thinking to take the Oct2005 as to see what pcat test is all about? and take it in Jan 2006.Also it gives me enough time(four months compare to two) to prepare for vocab and i will be done with anatomy 1. OK here is the million dollar question IS IT TOO LATE TO TAKE PCAT IN JAN 2005, IF I AM APPLYING FOR FALL 2006? Also, i want to apply for University of florida and FAMU. PLease help me i can't sleep at night. i am thinking about it 24/7.

Members don't see this ad.

Call, email or otherwise contact University of florida and FAMU if thats where you want to go, and ask them if Jan is too late for this cycle.

Please dont take the PCAT with the intention of just to "see what pcat test is all about". Pick up a study guide or take the online practice test to see that. Two months is plenty of time to study to take the test. Dont sweat the A/P stuff, most of the bio section is general bio, and everything you need from A/P is covered in the Kaplan guide.

What about Organic? I will be 1 month into my Organic I class when I take the PCAT in October. Will I be able to learn all the Organic Chem that I need from the Kaplan book? I have had A/P.

UF people said its doesn't make lot of difference because they start looking at the application from FEb 1. also they said it's roll over basis. I think if i scored good on jan pcat i will have good chances(GPA 3.5). what u think? is it better to take pcat in oct and get 80 or take it jan and get 90 or more.

when i took the PCAT in june and have not had organic or A&P. i just finished my first year so no biochem or genetic either. i did what i think is good for that--86%. chem and math were my best subjects.