in dilemma right now..

Started by Menthol
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Menthol

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi i will be graduating this semester with BS in bio and BS in chem
However, i can no longer focus on my classes and really want to focus on my research..
thus I really want to drop one class (should have decided earlier..)
but if I drop this class i will end up getting ba in chem instead..(plus i will be given W !..🙁
thproblem is that...
i applied for this cycle...:scared:
do you think there is a possibility that dschools will rescind the offer they made (hopefully..:xf:) later on after they find out that i chose to drop one class that I listed in the planned academic courses?
 
Last edited:
hi i will be graduating this semester with BS in bio and BS in chem
However, i can no longer focus on my classes and really want to focus on my research..
thus I really want to drop one class (should have decided earlier..)
but if I drop this class i will end up getting ba in chem instead..(plus i will be given W !..🙁
thproblem is that...
i applied for this cycle...:scared:
do you think there is a possibility that dschools will rescind the offer they made (hopefully..:xf:) later on after they find out that i chose to drop one class that I listed in the planned academic courses?

Hmm, getting BS in both Bio and Chem and dropping the research (momentarily) instead of dropping a difficult course (PChem, I'm assuming) versus getting a BS in Bio and a BA in Chem with a "W" on the transcript. I'd rather be the former; I'm sure your PI would allow you to continue researching after graduation and you'll be matriculating next year giving you plenty of time for research.
However, I don't think they would rescind their offer if you drop that course especially considering how you've probably already proven yourself with your other courses (I'm assuming) and your DAT.
 
i already took pchem..
itsthe synthesis class thats driving me crazy..
i really appreciate your comment..!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi i will be graduating this semester with BS in bio and BS in chem
However, i can no longer focus on my classes and really want to focus on my research..
thus I really want to drop one class (should have decided earlier..)
but if I drop this class i will end up getting ba in chem instead..(plus i will be given W !..🙁
thproblem is that...
i applied for this cycle...:scared:
do you think there is a possibility that dschools will rescind the offer they made (hopefully..:xf:) later on after they find out that i chose to drop one class that I listed in the planned academic courses?


Here's another BS in Chem and BS in bio 😀 high five!! 😀
hm... ahh the sound of 'pchem' makes me cringe a little ... lol oh quantum... how I miss you.... NOT.. lol

Tough call. sit on it, sleep on it, whatever you decide to do, i'm sure you'll make the right decision for YOU. whether you decide to suffer through the synthesis course or get a W, try not to let it affect other things going on in your life. And have a good explanation for it.

Sure, schools don't look favorably upon Ws, but I also heard from my prehealth advisor that one W with a good explanation doesn't hurt TOO TOO bad, given you have good credentials overall, GPA, DAT - which you do, ECs, rec letters and all.

Good luck with everything 🙂
 
Keep your current schedule! Once information is posted on your AADSAS, acceptances following interviews will be contingent upon you completing what you informed the schools about! GL Double BS is more impressive anywase, you can always do reasearch on the side.