In need of help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Reconstruction

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
apologize if this is a repeat post....

Currently 4 th year medical student...interested in plastic surgery....

Long story short....very strong application in every aspect but Step 1 scores...too ashamed too admit it and too long a story to go into but I got a 203...this poor score is the opposite of everything else in my records...just a very bad day!!!!

Am I doomed...I know I am capable of getting a 240-250 on step I ( as I should have gotten on step 1)...would that get me interviews...or is it purely based on step 1....long story short do they consider a great step 2 score and good grades and LOR and etc... in exclusion of a bad step 1 score???

Need honest answers even if very harsh....

Last question... if it does help with the high step 2...how do I highlight that...if a secretary is the one who goes through the 400-500 applications at some programs ( as I have been told) and she or he is told to only put the applicants with a cut off of lets say step 1 230 on the chairmans desk...then is there any hope....

I hate to think that one bad day and one bad test is going to take away all I worked for....

Thank you in advance for all your advice and help
 
I don't think any plastics PD's post on SDN so you'll probably be best served by reading the millions of WAMC threads on this forum dealing with similar questions.