In opt school? Feedback plz!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ma1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are the average GPA's listed for different optometry schools somewhat accurate? They seem low to me compared to the GPA of people who get accepted. What are the medians instead of averages??

thx!

Members don't see this ad.

I think that's because students with below average scores, wouldn't want to post them. If you really look around the forum, some people have gotten in with GPA's under 3.0 even. My friend got accepted to 2 schools with below a 3.0, for next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
a1bui said:
I think that's because students with below average scores, wouldn't want to post them. If you really look around the forum, some people have gotten in with GPA's under 3.0 even. My friend got accepted to 2 schools with below a 3.0, for next year.

You mentioned that you know someone who got into 2 schools with a below 3.0. Which schools were those?

that is because people like me got 2.9 but still made it in- it throws off all those 4.0 beotches.

SCO and SUNY. Though I think any school w/ below a 3.5 avg GPA will do the same, as long as every other aspect of your stats balance them out.