In-progress/planned courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

happykitty1005

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. I listed on VMCAS a class for spring 2016 that I was planning on retaking (to improve grade-I had gotten a C originally) but I may not be able to take it anymore. i already have my bachelors and have completed all prereqs. I have just been retaking courses to improve my GPA. since I have a passing grade in that class (gen Chem) would schools still require me to take it if I were accepted or wait listed since I listed it on VMCAS? VMCAS locks coursework entry and I can not delete it. Thank you. Any advice is much appreciated!
 
Last edited:
Hi everyone. I listed on VMCAS a class for spring 2016 that I was planning on retaking (to improve grade-I had gotten a C originally) but I may not be able to take it anymore. i already have my bachelors and have completed all prereqs. I have just been retaking courses to improve my gap. since I have a passing grade in that class (gen Chem) would schools still require me to take it if I were accepted or wait listed since I listed it on VMCAS? VMCAS locks coursework entry and I can not delete it. Thank you. Any advice is much appreciated!
From what I remember/know, schools understand that schedules change. Since you already have a satisfactory grade for the course, It wouldn't harm your chances if you ended up not taking it (it wouldn't help for this current cycle if you did, either). I would just let your schools know that you had a schedule change.

Long story short: No, the schools wouldn't require you to retake it since a C meets the minimum grade (unless there's a school or two out there that holds different standards).
 
Thanks for your advice. Would
I need to call the schools and let them know?


From what I remember/know, schools understand that schedules change. Since you already have a satisfactory grade for the course, It wouldn't harm your chances if you ended up not taking it (it wouldn't help for this current cycle if you did, either). I would just let your schools know that you had a schedule change