In search of MCAT Tutor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premed-User33

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
As the title says, I am in search of an MCAT Tutor to help me improve my score.

Background: I took the September MCAT and received a 514: 131/126/129/128. However, my FL practice exams (under timed, masked conditions) averaged to 519. I am looking to fine-tune my MCAT sections scores. I felt confident on the content sections (C/P and B/BC) but need additional help on CARS and P/S.

I plan to apply to MD-PhD programs this cycle.
Current Profile:
-3.99 cGPA, 3.97 sGPA
-40 hrs shadowing
-200 hrs non clinical volunteering
-50 hrs clinical volunteering
-Co-authored a research paper, expecting another first author publication in coming months
-many leadership positions

I plan to retake the MCAT in March. I understand on average, retaking the MCAT only changes the score +/- 2 points; however, based on the difference between my FL average and actual MCAT score, I believe I will be able to improve more, especially with improved CARS strategy.

I would really appreciate any recommendations for MCAT tutors to help me improve my score.