In the poorhouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nimboo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone feel like this whole application is cleaning out their bank account? I'm like slowly going into the poor house. To make things worse, I got my cell phone bill this month and it's over 100. woops.
i can't wait until i start earning some cash.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree! I've already spent $3000 and this is bound to increase. How much is everyone else spending?

I spent about $32 for metrocard (8 interviews x $4 for round trip)...

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same problem! I finally gave in and applied for the REsidency and Relocation loan. There are a bunch of companies but I chose Citibank because there are no loan fees. Other companies have lower interest, so if you know you'll take a while to pay it back, you may prefer to take the loan fees instead. You can apply online (look up citibank.com and student loans). I applied 2 weeks ago, and was approved quickly, but am still waiting for the money. They had to get a letter from school saying I'm enrolled and applying. It's up to $12,000, and can be paid back over up to 25 yrs. Interest rate at citibank was 4.5%.

So far so good. My trips are about 200-250 dollars a pop if they dont pay for hotel. A couple places actually paid for my hotel so I only paid flight, which is around 100-150.

Paid out $1500 or so for 8 scheduled interviews (including all hotel/travel costs, not including incidental spending) which is within my spending limits. I am guessing that's sort of around average. I think depend on where the program is and whether or not you can get cheap Southwest tix, about $200 a pop on average is not too bad.