In Training Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lowbudget

7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Fine. I'll start. THAT. SUCKED.

Can I just say that I studied for Step 3 AND for the ITE at the same time and that Step 3 is so much easier compared to the ITE? Can I just say that there is no freaking way you could even start to try to study for this freaking exam? I mean, at least you can study for the Step 3; there's only so many stupid USMLE questions you can ask and a quarter of them are intuitive because they're classic cases you see during residency... but the ITE... there's some random factoid that I wouldn't know where the hell you would find it that they tested. I mean, it would just be so inefficient to study to find those damn factoids even if you wanted to. It's not even like there's this finite pool of knowledge that you can put your arms around and study. You have to know all these random ass factoids from every discipline plus our own.

I'm sorry, but I'm just a dumb ass. Are the Boards really like this?

Members don't see this ad.

According to many... the inservice exams of the FM are the hardest of them all cause they contain many disciplines... Ped/OB/Surg/IM/ER/IC/Psych you name it. Am I wrong? Did you feel like you faced the WORLD?

Are the Boards really like this?

Yep. I thought the FP Board exam was very similar to the in-service exam...only longer. I actually studied a little for the Boards, though...I never studied for in-service exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't think the in training exam was bad at all. Definitely not as bad as everyone made it sound like it was gonna be. And I am only a lowly intern.

Mine was better this year because I was more awake (I was post-night float for the exam last year). I couldn't believe how much sports med there was. But I thought they were mostly fair questions, with the only occasional BS question.

My favorite question was the one about the Korean woman, and what aspect of her culture should you be aware of? WTF? So I have to know all of the cultures of the world?

do u know how many questions you should get right if you wanna be above 90 percentile nationally? Just curious, because our program is really into that.