In-training exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

npholt1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to design a program for myself to bring my exam scores up to the standards of my program. I have no idea how to do this. I would appreciate any info in what other programs or individuals have used to remediate sub-par scores. Thanks

P.S. sorry if this has been addressed before, I did a search but didnt find anything.

Members don't see this ad.

I need to design a program for myself to bring my exam scores up to the standards of my program. I have no idea how to do this. I would appreciate any info in what other programs or individuals have used to remediate sub-par scores. Thanks

P.S. sorry if this has been addressed before, I did a search but didnt find anything.

You can purchase the AAFP board review CDs or DVDs and the monographs (FP essentials). Start your study NOW!

I would start by using the answer key from the ITE that was returned to you. Perform an in depth analysis of the questions and the correct answers focusing on the principals being tested. Design a daily reading schedule and keep a log. You should read daily and also work answering questions into your program. Swanson is a good book. The log will show your program that you are serious.

Good luck,

CambieMD

i'm with you - i haven't gotten my scores yet, but i know i bombed that thing! :rolleyes:

i'm currently reviewing the exam. one thing i found very helpful is to look up all the answers on your own using your favorite resources INSTEAD of using teh answer book. of course, use the answer book to make sure you're right ;) , but as far as getting the answer, look it up on your own. it takes MUCH MUCH longer, but i find it sticks better that way.

good luck! (to both of us, lol...)