In what settings are PT Aides utilized?

Started by lee9786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lee9786

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've seen them work in outpatient, orthopedic settings as well as inpatient, acute care settings in hospitals. What other areas are they utilized? Are nursing homes a common place to see PT aides?
 
I have seen PT Aides used in outpatient pt, acute care, assisted living facilities, orthopedic outpatient facilities (such as spine specialists), and sub-acute rehab.
 
I have seen PT Aides used in outpatient pt, acute care, assisted living facilities, orthopedic outpatient facilities (such as spine specialists), and sub-acute rehab.

I've also shadowed alongside a PT aide in inpatient on a rehab floor and in the Cardiac ICU.

It depends on the needs of the specific setting if they decide to utilize aides.