-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Chicken heads anyone?
Only a true geek would pull out the chicken head reference at a time like this.
I'm not a geek, I'm a nerd! Geeks are carnival side shows!
In actuality, a geek is merely "someone with an odd personality." The chicken head biting geek has gone the way of the Dodo bird, the passenger pigeon, and republicans who actually care about small government and personal freedom.
The definition has evolved, unlike Dodo birds, passenger pigeons, and republicans.
😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Only a true geek would pull out the chicken head reference at a time like this.
I'm not a geek, I'm a nerd! Geeks are carnival side shows!
In actuality, a geek is merely "someone with an odd personality." The chicken head biting geek has gone the way of the Dodo bird, the passenger pigeon, and republicans who actually care about small government and personal freedom.
The definition has evolved, unlike Dodo birds, passenger pigeons, and republicans.
😛
I think the urban dictionary definition of 'chickenhead' is quite different... Maybe the kind of person DJMD was hoping to see more of at pathology conferences...?
I think the urban dictionary definition of 'chickenhead' is quite different... Maybe the kind of person DJMD was hoping to see more of at pathology conferences...?
I don't know what you are talking about... really I don't and don't want to.
Yaah, I have never been clear on geek vs nerd..
But I will admit that I am one or both of those depending on your definition...
and yes the circus geek is gone, like all the dodo heads he bit off...
Still a funny reference tho.. (and X-files again)
I have never been clear on geek vs nerd..
Aren't nerds smarter?
I think I'm more of a dork.😀
I am a geek and an MD/PhD so am unsure which one to pick.
I'm probably a freak too, check with yaah.
I'm probably a freak too, check with yaah.
Nerds wear pocket protectors and drool.Yaah, I have never been clear on geek vs nerd..
Geeks invented Second Life.
Easy. 😉
Why isn't there an "Other" option? Inherently, I think everyone in medicine is a geek to an extent, but I'd like to define myself as "Other" for the purposes of this poll. Maybe "Cynical Bastard" would be appropriate.
Maybe "Cynical Bastard" would be appropriate.
Or smart-ass jerk
Yeah, I would vote for "pathetic loser." Once you think of yourself as a pathetic loser, there's nowhere to go but up!
Or smart-ass jerk
Thanks, although I would venture that very few people who know me would actually label me a jerk, but that's neither here nor there.
I think everyone in medicine is a geek to an extent
except surgeons - they're cooler than everyone else that goes to medical school... at least a lot of them seem to think that way. i think of surgeons as the rebellious kids in high school standing outside the gym sneaking a cigarette between classes.
Thanks, although I would venture that very few people who know me would actually label me a jerk, but that's neither here nor there.Smart ass? Most definitely.
Not you! I was referring to myself as a smart-ass jerk🙄
Besides, I use 'jerk' as a term of endearment kinda like 'dork'
Not you! I was referring to myself as a smart-ass jerk🙄
Besides, I use 'jerk' as a term of endearment kinda like 'dork'
Okay, you can be a smart-ass jerk then 😉 . I reserve the right to be known as a smart-ass though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
L
l&usibari
I apologize for not including an "other" category but, really, you're probably a geek by default.
And to the one person who admitted to being a derm reject...
😀 Points and laughs...
And to the one person who admitted to being a derm reject...
😀 Points and laughs...
Actually, anyone who fights for an "other" category should automatically be assigned to the geek category.
D
deleted113029
i remember an episode a long time ago on Happy Days when i was just a boy. Joannie had a crush on Potsie and was his secret admirer. She referred to him as DREN...the opposite of NERD.
Now, i am in no way the opposite of a nerd...but i consider myself most similar to the above term of affection.
Now, i am in no way the opposite of a nerd...but i consider myself most similar to the above term of affection.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 16
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 4K