inclination of crown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diantist

lil dentist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can any 1 plz help me to get hold of the concept of crown inclination.. i mean which tooth has least inclinatin,
which is straighter,
which is vertically inclined.... i am confused....

Members don't see this ad.

diantist said:
can any 1 plz help me to get hold of the concept of crown inclination.. i mean which tooth has least inclinatin,
which is straighter,
which is vertically inclined.... i am confused....

I am still a predent but this is my guess:

If you bisect each root of both arches of the permanent dentition by its root axis line I think you'll see the following angulations of the root within the alveolar bone of the arch:

maxillary central incisors: very straight & vertical (compared to others)
(In general, anteriors are more vertically situated in the alveolar bone.)

mandibular molars are lingually tilted (usually 3rd mandibular molar is more titled than others because not much space in the back)

P.S. I've never had a dental morphology course. I hope I'm right :)

Hey
The premolars have the most vertical inclination...are the straightest teeth followed by the canines.......

dat_student said:
maxillary central incisors: very straight & vertical (compared to others)
(In general, anteriors are more vertically situated in the alveolar bone.)

mandibular molars are lingually tilted (usually 3rd mandibular molar is more titled than others because not much space in the back)

P.S. I've never had a dental morphology course. I hope I'm right :)
Actually, the maxillary central incisors have the greatest axial inclination/tilt in the entire maxillary arch. You're right about the mandibular molars, though.

Shlo is right about the premolars - they've got the most vertical axial inclination. That's what the decks say, at least!

Members don't see this ad :)
Typo said:
Actually, the maxillary central incisors have the greatest axial inclination/tilt in the entire maxillary arch. You're right about the mandibular molars, though.

Shlo is right about the premolars - they've got the most vertical axial inclination. That's what the decks say, at least!

Thanks :) My mistake: My guess was based on root axis lines & alveolar bone. Oh well, hopefully some day I'll learn these things :)