1. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Sunday, December 11 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice

Include co-authored presentations on AMCAS?

Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by schiller, 05.16.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. schiller

schiller

Pre-Medical
    I'm applying MD/PhD and I am wondering if it is good to include oral presentations for which I was not the presenter but I am listed as a co-author, in the work/experiences section of AMCAS. I have 3 that I could probably lump into one experience, one of which I am listed as the second author, and another which was given in the plenary session of a major conference. I don't think I'll have a problem with the 15 experience limit either way.

If I should list them, is it a good idea to lump them together if they all came out of the same lab?

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gbwillner

gbwillner Pastafarian Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

You've got the Touch- You've got the Power!
    Attending Physician
    List it as a published abstract (which it probably was) or presentation. I would avoid any semblance of confusion about who the presenter was- thus I would not list it as a oral presentation, personally. If the three talks were about different topics/projects, then yes they should be separate entities in your CV.

About the ads